Halloween is one of our favorite times of year. Not because we love playing dress-up, but because there are so many great ways to use royalty free sound effects to cause a little trouble. Whether you’re creating a horror film, or just scaring the neighborhood children this All Hallows Eve, here are a few of our favorite stock sound effects that you can use in virtually any project:
1) Demons: Demon or Devil Speaks (348862) – Demon, Satan or Alien Creature speaks backwards with a dark, sinister & scary distorted voice. Perfect Sound Effect/Background for anything that has to do with Horror or Sci-Fi. 2 takes one wet and one dry.
2) Zombie Walking Dead (351598) – Halloween is never complete without the walking dead. This sound effect is ambience of a zombie walking and dragging chains, moaning and growling. Mmmm. Brains.
3) Woman Screaming (351240) – We know it’s cliché, but you have to have a shrill, high-pitched scream from a terrified woman.
4) Intestine Squeeze (359236) – Incredibly gross and unnerving are the sounds of blood and bones, cracking and squeezing. Great effect for stepping on bugs or crushing human flesh…
5) Guillotine (374342) – Off with their heads! This sound effect of a guillotine being used is loud and scary. Great for all sorts of scenes involving a guillotine.
6) Ghostly Whispers In Radio Static (377784) – If you listen closely, you can hear the voices of the dead in whispering in the radio interference. Eerie and haunting.
7) Evil Laugh (243018) – Deep and sinister male dastardly evil laughter. Multiple scary sound effects for the price of one.
8) Horror Show Intro (383950) – It may be a little cheesy, but it’s quite perfect for use as source material for someone watching a horror flick on television, complete with thunder and lightning, pipe organ, and screams. We told you not to watch that movie before bed — it will give you nightmares!
9) Long Door Creak (379218) – Reminds us of Michael Jackson’s Thriller. Quintessencial creaky wooden door gradually opening. Household audio can be so sinister when used the right way.
10) Metallic Cinematic Swell (377177) – Foreboding and mysterious, this stock audio clip is great sound design that has uses beyond Halloween, from transitions to sci-fi.